The New Korn Does Not Suck, Perhaps I Suck

korn new records
I saw the new Korn video recently and was completely amused. The video showcases a much lighter, and radio friendly Korn than we have seen in recent years. I laughed out loud, and nearly shed a tear from the track that had Jonathan Davis talking about how he would never love again. Surprisingly enough Brian “Head” Welch, Monkey, and Fieldy were all there, in a new phase of the band that has me wondering if the 90s are back in full swing.

This comes after the fact that Alice In Chains has released a new record, I have rediscovered my absolute adoration of Mad Season, and Pearl Jam just released a new record as well. Whatever is going on with rock music today, it’s not being pushed out by Kroq and 98.7 FM which is too bad. I have been listening to 95.5 KLOS (the classic rock) a lot more. I never stopped listening to them, but would make fun of my stepfather for liking the station. I actually won tickets to see arena football thanks to the constant calling that I did to the station in the 90s.

Now, as for the new Korn disc, it’s called “The Paradigm Shift” and I found it to be quite good. The guitar riffs on many of the tracks are more than heavy, bring about a sense of noise and fluidity that you would expect from Korn, and the drums are very good. The percussion overall on the record positions this to be one of the better outings for the band. I found myself tapping my feet, wanting to do air-drums, and really enjoying the progression of the recording.

Korn has come a long way from being a nu-metal act, and really shines on this one. I haven’t heard any of the singles played on the radio, so perhaps the record may not be doing that well? I don’t know. I guess my initial response to their music video was wrong, as the new record doesn’t suck, perhaps I am the one that is sucking. If you want to get this record, go for it, it’s actually really good. Now, I will go back to whatever it is that I do these days, possibly spin the disc again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2KX Create A Lavish Musical Framework Beyond Comparison

In Isolation Paints An Incredible Post Punk Portrait with Tears

SweetEve Bring On A Rocking Sound Worth Your Time